Volunteer Eco-Schools Assessor
We are looking for volunteer Eco-Schools Green Flag Assessors
Location: Across England
Salary: Voluntary – travel expenses are paid
Keep Britain Tidy is an iconic and dynamic charity providing first class solutions to environmental challenges. For more than 60 years, we have campaigned for cleaner, greener places. As the country’s anti-litter charity, we work tirelessly to combat waste and neglect so that everyone can love where they live. Using our world-class research and working with partners, we develop game-changing programmes that fly the flag for clean, accessible and attractive beaches, parks and green spaces and are proud to inspire and educate millions of children through our Eco-schools programme. The work of Keep Britain Tidy has never been more informed, important and urgent.
- Are you passionate about environmental education?
- Would you like to help encourage young people to become more environmentally responsible?
- Would you like to help create great community cohesion in your Local Authority?
- Would you like to encourage schools to become more sustainable and environmentally aware?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you may be interested in becoming an Eco-Schools Green Flag Assessor.
The Eco-Schools programme is the largest sustainable schools programme in the world. The Eco-Schools Green Flag is an international award schools attain to show their commitment to the environment. To gain the Green Flag, the school must be assessed by an Eco-Schools Green Flag Assessor. This process involves the assessor reading the school’s Green Flag application documents, and then visiting the school to meet the Eco-Committee and Eco-Coordinator to assess whether the Eco-Schools ethos is embedded throughout the school.
What will I be expected to do?
- Using application documents and by conducting a visit, you will assess the school against the Eco-Schools Green Flag award criteria
- Following this you will complete an assessment form
- You will be fully trained to undertake assessments
- You will satisfy the Eco-Schools Safer Recruitment and Safeguarding procedures and follow Keep Britain Tidy’s Safeguarding Policy
- For more information visit our website
- Simply fill in the application form on our website and return to us at: ecoschoolsvolunteers@KeepBritainTidy.org
- We will then contact you with further information
- You can contact us for more details on 01942 612614 or email@example.com
How to Apply
Please visit our website: https://www.eco-schools.org.uk/get-involved/volunteer/ for further details.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Keep Britain Tidy
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Postgraduate, Senior
Communication, Conservation, Education, Environment, Sustainability
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.