Volunteer Information Assistant
Title: Information Assistant
Status: Full time volunteer role 9 June – 18 August (10 weeks), although we can be flexible with dates.
Location: Handa Island
Closing date: No closing date as we will recruit the first most suitable candidate
Talk to visitors to Handa and inspire them to help Scottish Wildlife Trust during peak holiday season. Free on site accommodation provided.
What we are looking for:
- availability for the full 10 week period
- able to inspire others
- confidence in talking to the public
What you will get in return:
- learn lots about Handa, wildlife & conservation
- a great staff and volunteer team to work with
- the Handa experience!
For more information please see Handa page.
How to Apply
Please send us the following:
- Completed Handa Volunteering Application form. NB: make sure you specify which role(s) you’re applying for and order of preference;
- CV tailored to the specific role(s) you’re applying for;
- Covering letter stating why you want the post and why you think you’re suitable;
- The full contact details of 2 referees and how they know you should also be included on a separate sheet.
By email to email@example.com or by post to Handa Volunteering, Scottish Wildlife Trust, Harbourside House, 110 Commercial Street, Edinburgh, EH6 6NF.
Incomplete applications or those that do not closely match the specified dates will not be considered.
If shortlisted for the position, you will be invited to take part in an interview with the Handa Ranger and/or Reserve Manager. Depending on your location, this will be in person, via Skype, or by telephone.
For full details please see https://scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/how-to-help/become-a-volunteer/volunteering-on-handa/
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Scottish Wildlife Trust
Communication, Fundraising, Marketing, Nature & Wildlife
Handa Island, United Kingdom
29th June 2018 at 11:45pm