Waste Reduction Volunteers
Cheshire Waste Reduction Volunteers
We are looking for Waste Reduction Volunteers
Our volunteers help us to reduce waste across Cheshire West and Chester by doing any of the following:
- Attending events, local shows, fetes and fairs, giving individual advice
- Delivering workshops in schools
- Working with community groups
- Writing articles for press or websites
- Delivering talks and presentations to local groups and organisations
- Working with waste management departments at larger events
- Or anything that suits their skills!
If you would like more information, or an application form please contact the project coordinator, Margaret Warren using the email address or mobile number supplied below.
This is a fully flexible role. Events and talks take place during the week, weekends and evenings and you can attend as little or as many of these whenever you are available. There is no minimum length of commitment.
Full training is provided. Volunteers can benefit from developing communication skills in a variety of settings with a wide range of people, whilst helping local people save money and help the environment.
Training sessions cover:
- Waste reduction campaigns: home composting and Love Food Hate Waste
- How to engage with people and impact positive change
- Events volunteers attend: roadshows, community talks, school events
- Practicalities of being a volunteer
- Uniform, expenses and rewards
Further training can be attended for those volunteers wishing to work with children. Expenses are provided for all travel.
The Waste Reduction Volunteer programme is a partnership between Cheshire West and Chester Council and Keep Britain Tidy. Volunteers are welcome from across Cheshire and surrounding areas. Volunteering will take place in the Cheshire West and Chester local authority area.
Volunteers must be over 18. A valid driving licence and vehicle may be necessary to attend events.
How to Apply
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Keep Britain Tidy
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Senior
Education, Environment, Policy & Legislation, Research, Sustainability
Cheshire, United Kingdom
2nd July 2018 at 11:39am