Welcome Team – Visitor Services
Why do we need you?
At WWT we believe the best way for people to understand and connect to wetlands is to experience them, so we bring awe-inspiring nature up close and let it do the talking. People feel part of something amazing and are motivated to make a difference.
By providing an excellent visitor experience as a member of the Visitor Services Team, you will be encouraging our visitors to make the most of their visit to Martin Mere centre, and to understand and support our work to save wetlands for wildlife and people.
Who will be responsible for your role? Office Manager
Where will you be based? Martin Mere centre
How much time will it take? One day per week – 10am to 4pm
We will mutually agree the hours that you can contribute and it would be helpful if you could try to give us as much notice as possible on the occasions when you are not able to contribute those hours.
What will you be doing?
- Acting as the first point of contact for all visitors to Martin Mere, providing them with a warm welcome along with appropriate information to aid their visit.
- Conducting specific talks to the public – scripts and training are provided.
- Conducting guided walks of the grounds and the reserve when required – again, training is provided.
- Recruiting new members to the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust through conversation and specific messages and stories.
- Acting as a roving communicator within the waterfowl collection, providing guidance and information to visitors.
Who are we looking for?
- No previous experience is required as training will be provided. However this role will suit you if you have a love of wildlife and the outdoors and are:
- Confident or experienced in delivering talks
- Able to work in a team of staff and volunteers
- Experience in a customer related role would be advantageous
- Able to communicate well to a diverse range of audiences
- Familiar with Martin Mere centre
How will you benefit?
- This is an excellent opportunity to work within an internationally important wetland site.
- Suitable uniform is provided to all regular volunteers.
- Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering.
- Free entry to all WWT wetland centres throughout the UK on presentation of your WWT name badge.
- Training opportunities will be provided.
How to Apply
To find out more and apply, visit: https://www.wwt.org.uk/support/volunteer-with-wwt/volunteering-opportunities/details/welcome-team/23/
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Entry Level, Graduate
Martin Mere, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.