Welcome Team Volunteer
Why do we need you?
At WWT we believe the best way for people to understand and connect to wetlands is to experience them, so we bring awe-inspiring nature up close and let it do the talking. People feel part of something amazing and are motivated to make a difference.
By providing an excellent visitor experience as a member of the visitor services team, you will be encouraging our visitors to make the most of their visit to Castle Espie Wetland Centre, and to understand and support our work to save wetlands for wildlife and people.
Who will be responsible for your role? Retail, Admissions & Membership Manager
Where will you be based? WWT Castle Espie Wetland Centre
How much time will it take? Normally one day per week. The centre is open 10am -5pm so you can volunteer for morning/afternoon/full day duties. Assistance on weekends and during school holidays is especially helpful.
To ensure a positive volunteering experience for you and to provide a helpful contribution to the organisation, we hope you will be able to volunteer with for us for at least six months.
What will you be doing?
- Provide a warm and informative welcome to visitors, sharing key highlights of the centre and experiences on offer.
- Share your knowledge of centres history and conservation stories along with the wider work of WWT.
- Process admissions, shop sales and memberships payments through our till system encouraging Gift Aid donations when applicable.
- Promoting our membership offer to visitors, accurately processing membership paperwork and preparing welcome packs for new members.
- Helping ensure retail stock is displayed to a high standard, unpacking orders, pricing stock and keeping the shop tidy.
- Helping bag grain bags for visitors to feed to the collection birds.
- Completing customer service training and any other training relevant to the role.
Who are we looking for?
To carry out this role, you will need:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good listening skills, with the ability to adapt your approach to suit your audience
- A confident attitude and/or experience of successful face-to-face contact with the public
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- An interest in and enthusiasm for the work of WWT
- The ability to work under your own initiative under the direction of the Retail, Admissions & Membership Manager.
- Commitment to undertake relevant training
How will you benefit?
- This is an excellent opportunity to work within an internationally important wetland site.
- Suitable uniform and a name badge are provided to all regular volunteers
- Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering
- Free entry to all WWT wetland centres throughout the UK on presentation of your WWT name badge.
- Training opportunities will be provided
How to Apply
Please apply here: Welcome Team | WWT
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
Administration, Communication, Conservation, Education, Nature & Wildlife
Co Down, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.