Welcome Team Volunteer – Weekends
Passionate about wildlife and conservation and looking to share your enthusiasm with others? Why not join our welcome team and tell our visitors about all the wonderful things there are to see and do at our centre and share our conservation stories.
Full and half-day opportunities available as you will be part of a team providing support to our Visitor Services staff.
What will you be doing?
You will be carrying out any or all of the following, according to demand on the day. For tasks that require specific skills or knowledge training will be provided and we would not expect you to carry out those tasks until you have received the training.
- Attending a morning briefing session at 9.15am on your volunteering day so that you can be provided with up-to-date information
- Providing a warm, friendly welcome to all visitors
- Interacting with visitors providing information on request. Use the Foyer map to signposting visitors around the grounds and interaction alerting visitors to specific events of interest taking place at the centre.
- Assisting with the provision of wheelchairs and electronic scooters
- Promoting membership of WWT and assisting with the signing up of new members
- Using the tills to process membership and sell items such as grain and walkabout guides
- Bagging of grain
- Answering the telephone and answering queries or redirecting them to the relevant department
- Keeping the area clean and tidy
- Delivering elements of the centre’s walk and talks programme
- Spending time as a Roving Engager across the centre, making informal contact with visitors, engaging them with WWT’s work and helping to enhance their visit
Who are we looking for?
To carry out this role you will need:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- A confident attitude and / or experience in successful face-to-face contact with the public
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- An interest in and enthusiasm for the work of WWT
- The ability to work under your own initiative under the direction of the Retail, Admissions & Membership Manager
- The ability to complete forms and use an electronic till system
How will you benefit?
- This is an excellent opportunity to volunteer within an internationally important wetland site
- A great opportunity to join a friendly team, learn new skills and develop your knowledge
- Uniform is provided and discount is available in the café and shop on days you volunteer
- Free entry to all WWT wetland centres throughout the UK on presentation of your WWT name badge
- Training opportunities will be provided
How to Apply
A full role description and online application from can be found at
Once your application form has been recieved a member of the Visitor Services team will contact you and arrange to meet you to go through the role in more details and answer any questions you may have.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT)
Communication, Conservation, Education, Nature & Wildlife
WWT Slimbridge, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.