Do you love wildlife and the environment and have a passion for writing? Then this opportunity could be for you.
New Nature is a youth e-magazine which takes submissions from young people aged 30 and under. We hope to offer a fresh perspective on topical issues in conservation, highlight the beauty to be seen year round in the British countryside and strengthen overall interest in nature and the environment. The magazine can be downloaded free of charge from our website – www.newnature.co.uk.
The publication includes a variety of topics from articles about a particular species, to opinion pieces and celebrity interviews. Our first issue was published in January 2017 and with the interest ongoing we are looking for more writers to contribute content to our magazine and online blog.
This role is fairly flexible and you can contribute in any of the following ways:
- Write an article about a particular subject (such as a specific species or conservation topic) for our magazine. Please note the magazine is based on UK seasonal wildlife so we do not currently accept overseas pieces unless they are linked to the UK.
- Contribute a blog to be put on our website. It would be great if this was a fixed commitment, such as weekly or monthly, as we are currently looking for regular contributors.
- A love of nature and the environment is a must.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- An ability to meet submission deadlines.
- As the magazine is a youth magazine writers should be aged 30 or under.
Please note the magazine is currently run by a team of nature lovers on a voluntary basis so we unfortunately cannot pay contributors. Articles submitted will also be edited before being published.
New Nature Magazine Articles
- Places to visit – Recommendations for great destinations to explore for the time of the year the magazine is released or an article about the wildlife you saw at a particular place.
- Species Focus – Articles about a particular species.
- Patchchats – Contributors tell us about the wildlife they see on their patch during a particular month.
- Project focus – Writing about a particular wildlife or conservation project you are involved in.
- Research focus – Have you recently completed or are completing research, such as for your Masters? We would love to hear about what you are up to.
- Book reviews
Examples of all of these articles can be seen in our magazines which can be downloaded free of charge from our website www.newnature.co.uk
How to Apply
If you would like to contribute a piece for our magazine there is a list of articles above that are ongoing columns. You are welcome to write for any of these or alternatively you can submit your own ideas to us. Please send your article ideas to email@example.com. More information about what to include in your article proposals can be found on our website: www.newnature.co.uk/services. Please also note that our magazines are planned several months in advance. If you would like to write blogs for our website you can also contact us by email. We try to respond to all emails but this cannot be guaranteed.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
New Nature magazine
Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Postgraduate
Communication, Conservation, Ecology, Environment, Marketing, Nature & Wildlife
Homebased, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.