Youth Work – Prince’s Trust Assistant
The Prince’s Trust Team programme is Groundwork’s flagship youth initiative. A placement here will provide experience of supporting 16-25 year olds, many of whom are facing issues such as low confidence, mental health problems, substance misuse, learning disabilities, low educational achievement, or youth offending backgrounds. Following a tried and tested 12 week programme of personal development, we give disadvantaged young people a huge range of experiences and opportunities to develop themselves, putting them back on the path to education, training and employment.
Line manager overview
Your immediate line manager will be one of our Prince’s Trust Team Leaders with further support from the Prince’s Trust Manager.
What will I gain?
- Experience of supporting disaffected and disadvantaged young people
- Full package of youth work including liaising with other professionals in youth/community organisations as well as the opportunity to directly support young people, enabling them to fulfil their own potential.
- Knowledge and experience of H&S, Safeguarding & working in line with policy/procedure
Who will I be working with?
- Experienced Prince’s Trust Team Leader
- Experienced Prince’s Trust Assistant Team Leader
Requirements for the Placement
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of people
- Enthusiasm, motivation, patience, empathy, determination
- Ability to lead by example and a desire to support young people in overcoming barriers to learning and barriers to employment.
- Placement available from NOW
- Approx 12 weeks in length – flexible working hours within a requirement for 3 days
- Placement will be based in Oldham or Rochdale
- All expenses covered & uniform etc. provided
How to Apply
Contact Jill Eckersley: Jill.email@example.com or call us on 0161 624 1444. Further details here
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Oldham, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
31st December 2017 at 10:15am