Guide in the Hide
We want everyone in the UK to be able to access wetlands that provide amazing experiences and inspire support for conservation.
It is a great feeling showing a visitor a bird they’ve not seen before or helping them to tell the difference between 2 species they’ve been struggling on for ages. That spark of enthusiasm can make such a difference.
Volunteers play a crucial role in saving wetlands for wildlife and people.
This role involves:
- Being welcoming in the discovery hide and bird Observatory helping point out to the visitors what wildlife they can see
- Surveying the marsh harriers and avocets during the breeding season
- Walking around the other hides birding and talking to visitors.
- Updating the sightings board and letting the information desk team know about any exciting sightings.
- Keeping the hides clean by litter picking and sweeping
This role will suit you if:
You love birding and sharing your enthusiasm with others
How to Apply
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
WWT Martin Mere
Biodiversity, Biology, Climate Change, Communication, Conservation, Countryside & Land Management, Ecology, Education, Environment, Marine Conservation, Nature & Wildlife, Sustainability
North Weat, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.